Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors and supporters Wollongong City SLSC is well equipped in servicing the bathing public. As access to Wollongong City Beach has improved, due to residential and infrastructure development in the area, we utilise IRB’s (rubber duckies), quad vehicles and a UHF radio network to deliver a modern and award winning patrol service.
Our highly experienced education team have been recognised on many occasions for the quality of our life-saving award candidates. It’s something we are proud of and beach patrons benefit from, given the enhancement provided to our patrolling ability.
Information for members
Last updated 30 October 2021
Clubhouse open from 11 October – Covid 19 update
The surf club will re-open for members on October 11 with the following rules in place as required by the NSW Government for the covid19 public health order:
- Members must QR code in or sign the register as you enter and when you leave the club.
- Members must adhere to the social distancing rules of 1 person every 4 Sq meters.
- When inside the building with a group of people you must continue to wear a mask.
- Members must be fully vaccinated to enter the club until December 1st. We are relying on club members honesty in this situation.
- Only 6 people in the change rooms at any given time (this will change on December 1)
- Only 4 member s in the Gym at any given time.
The new patrol roster for the 2021-22 summer season is available on the patrols page. For any further information please contact the Club Captain
Dates for this is years Skills Maintenance (Annual Proficiency Check) are listed on the patrols page. This must be completed by 31 December and is compulsory for all active patrol, water safety and competition members.
All fees for the season are due by the end of October. More information on registration for new and existing members on the registration page.
The club has released an updated events list for the season on the club calendar page. Please be advised that dates may change at short notice due to the NSW Government covid19 public health order.